Sunday, January 31, 2010

Some Interesting Reads...

Hi again!

No, I haven't scheduled my interview yet because it is, in fact, Sunday. It's killing me to have to wait to schedule my interview! I'm going crazy! I've been trying to distract myself by posting on disboards.com but the boards aren't really busy right now. So I went exploring for other blogs! I found a really interesting one by someone who JUST finished the program. If you would like to give it a read it's called "The Happiest Internship on Earth" and HERE is the link. It's really helpful for someone like me who is just starting this process. She talks about decisions she had to make and dealing with the work schedule and being away from home for the holidays. She brought up some things I hadn't really considered at every step of the program.

Also I found two blogs from other people who are also applying: "Working for the Mouse" and "Magic Magic Mousketeer"

If you're reading this and you have a College Program blog too, let me know! I'd like to read it!

So I've finally decided on how I'm going to rank the roles I want:

1. Character Attendant (I really really want this one, but there's a lot of people applying for this one.)
2. Merchandising (I want to interact with guests while they're in the park.)
3. Vacation Planning (I LOVE planning vacations. I really enjoy finding deals and utilizing benefits.)
4. Concierge (Again, I'm looking for guest interaction and service.)

I'm fairly certian I checked all of these, but I was very nervous and excited while filling out the application and can't really remember everything I checked. I'm sure, if I didn't, I could add them during my interview. I don't think that would be a problem. I've also heard that they ask people if they would be willing to work "Quick Service Food and Beverage", and I've decided that I will tell them "If you really need people for it then I would be willing to have that role, but I feel I would learn the most from the roles I have already chosen."

I've been thinking about and exploring possible interview questions. I think I'll be pretty prepared for it. I'm actually really looking forward to it! That's all for today folks! Enjoy!

No comments: