Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Formspring Wednesdays

So, yesterday I had to go on a last ditch effort to get some questions, and you guys came through! I have three real beautiful questions in my inbox right now! Thank you! I really do appreciate it!

But, as so many people on Formspring have experienced, the anonymity can sometimes be a bad thing. People decide to take advantage of that, and use it to be cruel. This happened to me this morning. Now, I'll say that while these comments do not make me doubt myself, they do make me angry. They make me angry that I know someone, somewhere who would say these things anonymously because this can only mean that whoever this is is being nice to me to my face. Which means that I'm being duped into believing someone is a friend or an acquaintance. These person's comments (Yes, I'm certain it was one person who submitted TWO comments) include the following:

"You are a terrible singer I wish someone had told you that before you entered a singing competition."

and

"Do you realize you cant sing ?"

Now I'm not one to reject constructive criticism, but this isn't constructive at all. Whoever this is just needs to say this stuff to my face. I know I'm not the greatest singer in the world, but I also know that I have family and friends who respect me enough to TELL ME if I was that terrible. If this person meant these things at all they would be brave enough to say them to me directly without the cowardly mask of anonymity. And that's all I have to say on the matter.

Now onto the real questions from the wonderful people. 

Today, we have three Formspring Questions that I'm going to be answering for you guys. Enjoy!

Are you going to go to Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure while your down their?

Most definitely!  I really enjoy Universal Studios. Disney World is my favorite but Universal has some top notch rides. I love the Mummy rollercoaster, Twister: Ride it Out, Jaws, and all the other AWESOME attractions at Universal. Plus, Islands of Adventure has Marvel Superhero Island which is my favorite place island at the moment, but that may change once I get the chance to visit THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER! So pumped to see that place! I can not wait! I am a Harry Potter fanatic! I love the books and I love the movies!

When did you become interested in Disney?

Ever since I saw a little movie called "The Little Mermaid". Seriously, it was the first Disney movie I ever watched, and I loved it. I grew up in that generation that got to watch all those early nineties Disney movies when they were new releases. Movies like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King all came out while I was in elementary school. Along with those new releases though my parents made sure to expose to the Disney they grew up with (So, I grew up loving movies like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty). I also got to experience the Disney my brother grew up with as well (which was Oliver & Company, The Rescuers, and The Great Mouse Detective). I also have aunts and uncles who are Disney experts. When my aunt got married her honeymoon was in Disney World. I grew up with sing-a-longs that immortalized the place for me, and yet I didn't get to go until I was 15. So, I guess you could say me doing this program is me trying to make up for not seeing the place as a kid.

What is your dream job?

Dream job? My absolute DREAM job is to be a singer and actress. Now I doubt this will ever happen, but it's the job I dream about having. I love to sing (I have a passion for broadway and country music), I have a blast acting, and I would love to make a living doing those things! I plan on learning to play the guitar this summer. But the drawback is that if I were to be an actress I would have no drive to be taken seriously. I love comedy, and I love fluffy romantic comedies so I would probably make more of those than anything else. Of course, I wouldn't object to playing the comic relief in an action/adventure movie or the plucky sidekick in a superhero movie, lol. So, your answer is I would love to either be a country singer or an actress (of any kind: broadway, TV, or Film).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,
Leave my roomie alone, jerk.
Non-Anonymously,
Michelle
P.S. Logan, you're amazing.