Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dear Readers, I'm Spoiling You...

Don't expect a blog everyday because I know me and I know I won't deliver a post everyday. I told myself I wasn't going to post today, but then Boone got all this sleet and every body's operating on a 2 and a half or 3 hour delay. My 9 AM shift at the daycare became a 10:30 AM shift. So here I am...

This is the world outside my window right now:
Look at all that snow...and you can't tell but it's sleeting on top of that!

Let's hope it keeps sleeting and I don't have to go to work or class, but knowing my school that will never happen. I suspect it's run by a bunch of yankees who don't freak the heck out when it snows like us southerners do.

I honestly believe that I'll have to catch the bus at 10 for work and go to all of my afternoon classes, but I'm daring to hope that at 9:30 I'll get an e-mail saying that at least 12:30 and 2:00 classes are cancelled. That would mean I only have to go to one class today. So, cross your fingers.

Cross your fingers on your other hand though because your other fingers should already be crossed. You know in reference to a certain purple folder I'm DYING to recieve.

So, let's talk about planning for acceptance or rejection from the DCP.

Here's the plan if I'm accepted:
1. Pay fee
2. Send in necessary paperwork to the program and the school
3. Wait to go

Here's the plan if I'm rejected:
1. scrounge around for an apartment!
2. rush to schedule the classes I need.
3. Wait to apply for Spring 2011

So since I really don't want to have to go insane searching for an apartment in Boone at the last minute OR stress myself out trying to get into the courses I need to graduate AFTER everyone's registered let's plan on me getting in. Good plan right?

Also I reprinted my appliclation and my Role Check List last night so I know everything I told them on my application. Which is good because I had totally forgotten. I was too excited to remember. But now I know for sure that I applied for the following roles:

Mercahndise
Hospitality
Character Attendant
Vacation Planner
Concierge

and the order of their rank goes as follows:

1. Character Attendant
2. Merchandise
3. Concierge
4. Vacation Planning
5. Hospitality

I've heard they ask for your top three, but I've also heard they're very selective about the role of Concierge. I also know that Character Attendant is a really hard role to land because so many people apply for it. But we'll see how it goes on Sunday, and believe me I will blogging about it immediately after!

Until next time! Have a magical day! ;)




No comments: