Friday, February 26, 2010

Top 5 Resort Work Locations

So I realized last night that the reason I couldn't narrow down any dream locations was because I was thinking too broad. I was trying to look at the entire park. That's too much. So, I sat down and made Top 5 lists for each category of Disney Property. Now I don't know where we can or can't be assigned so I just assumed that if it was listed on Disney Website then we could be assigned there for the most part. I scoured the Disney website for Resorts that had shops in them and here are my top 5 favorites.

5. The Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground



There are two trading posts on this resort and campground that carry a little bit of everything. Character merchandise, cameras, groceries, sunscreen, etc. If you forgot it at home then they have it for you to buy. I think this would be a fun resort to work out. Most of the guests that stay at this resort are families. I have a soft spot for families as I come from a very large, very close family. I think I would enjoy working at this resort.

4. All Star Movies Resort



All Star Movies is home to Donald's Double Feature. A shop that features character merchandise and other little items guests might need during their stay. It also features items like tote bags and things that might make walking around the park for extended periods of time easier. Again, because this is a value resort it would be home to younger families. I think this would be fun, and the theme is awesome! I love movies so why not work in a resort themed after them?

3. Port Orleans -- Riverside



This resort has a shop called Fulton's General Store. I have always wanted to visit this resort. I think it looks like a fun and beautifully themed one. This store carries much of the same things as the previous stores I mentioned. Almost all of the resort shops carry the same merchandise.

2. The Polynesian



The Polynesian has two shops and I would gladly work at either of them. There's Trader Jack's which isjust like all the other stores I've mentioned and then there's Bou-tiki. Bou-tiki has more clothing items and has a fun name! That's just fun to say. Try it! "Bou-tiki" These shops are at a long time guest favorite resort which I've personally never visited, but I would LOVE to work there. The guests that stay at the polynesian are definately there for the full immersive Disney experience.

1. Old Key West



Don't pretend like you didn't see this coming. You totally did. Old Key West is my Disney home. The resort my family stays in when we travel to Disney. I've spent lots of time in the Conch Flatts General Store. It's a great store at a great resort. I know the service at this resort to be outstanding and very friendly. In fact the last time I was at Conch Flatts my mom and I talked to the girl working the counter at the store for a bit and she was a CP. She said she LOVED working the CP, but then again I was a guest at the time so it's not like she could tell me if she WASN'T enjoying the experience.

Well, that's all for today!

Until next time, have a magical day!

No comments: