Tuesday, February 09, 2010

My First DCP Fake Out...

Okay, so far during all of this I've done pretty well. I haven't been freaking out when I have new e-mails and I haven't expected anything to be in the mail. Yesterday though, I nearly had a heart attack.

Gather round kids, I'll tell you a story.

I got off the bus at my apartment complex, and as usual on the way to my apartment I stopped to check the mailbox. I wasn't expecting anything to be in the box. Maybe a greeting card from my "adopted" parents at Church or a promotional notice from HP, but that was about it. Lo and behold, I open my box and there's a BIG, white envelope inside. I nearly dropped my keys. I thought, "No, that can't be my acceptance. I just interviewed yesterday!"

I reached in and pulled out the folder sized envelope slowly. My anticipation was building with every centimeter, and then I saw the return address, "Winston-Salem Monthly." My shoulders sagged and I chuckled at myself. It was copies of the magazine I was going to be interning with over the summer. I had forgotten that I had spoken with my future supervisor about sending me a few issues to look over. I laughed at myself and thought that I should have known better. Disney may respond fast, but not THAT fast.

And that, my lovelies, is our story for the day. Don't forget to formspring me any questions you have in the beautiful purple box to your right. Also I added an MP3 player of my in progress "Think Purple Mix." If the music annoys you can simply press the big purple pause buttom on the very bottom right of the page.

Until next time, have a magical day!

No comments: