Monday, February 01, 2010

[INFOPOST] What is the Disney College Program?

I've gotten this question a lot since I started this blog, and since I have about half an hour until my group meeting at four I thought I would take a few minutes to answer that question.

The Disney College Program is basically a paid internship that allows college students to spend a semester working at the Disney Parks and Resorts. For a lot of people it is the first step towards a career with Disney. I'm hoping to be one of those people. The program really only takes place during the semester, but they do have a summer program for Alumni. You can take classes while being a part of the program. I plan on taking at least one class. They give you a place to live (and automatically deduct weekly rent from your paycheck.) If you're a DCP alumni you have the opportunity to apply for certain internships that other people can't which could lead to a career with the Disney Company.

And that, my friends is the Disney College Program in a nutshell.

I added a Formspring to this blog so if you're reading this and you have questions for me then feel free to ask! I would be more than happy to answer them!

No comments: